Movie Review: Best Mission Yet

Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT, from Paramount Pictures and Skydance.
Photo Credit: Paramount Pictures
© 2018 Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved.

Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT, from Paramount Pictures and Skydance. Photo Credit: Paramount Pictures © 2018 Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved.

Aiden Kelly, Staff Writer

The Mission: Impossible series has always been the standard for action films, in my opinion. These movies have not only stayed consistent in quality but have also improved in their production, and “Mission: Impossible-Fallout” continues that trend.

Tom Cruise’s latest action thriller extends the popular story arc of Ethan Hunt and his crack team of specialists fighting against various radical organizations trying to inflict chaos throughout the world. This movie is a direct sequel to the previous installment of the series, “Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation”, where our heroes are again faced with the terrorist organization, The Apostles.

The story is simple yet keeps you interested and intrigued. No time is wasted throughout the movie, it doesn’t push around through endless, convoluted story loops. The main cast gives great performances as always, with a special nod to Henry Cavill’s character, August Walker. I thought he gave a great performance as an American spy with a very direct personality. For some reason, he just gave off the impression of that stereotypical hero, which makes a later twist in the plot that much sweeter.

The action in this series is something to marvel at, and this movie has some of the best, most  jaw dropping stunts and some of the best action choreography I’ve seen in recent film history. Tom Cruise performs his most spectacular stunts yet, ranging from a very well choreographed fight in a multi mirrored bathroom, to hanging off a real helicopter several hundred feet in the air.

Needless to say, the cast and crew have done it again in what is, in my opinion, is the best installment in the series. Whether you’re a fan of the series or a newcomer, this action-thrill ride is a must see this summer.