Mr. Oliveira Leaving to Pursue a New Position

Amy Yip, Dhir Patel, and Madison Burnett

Mr. Bryan Oliveira, formerly a seventh and eighth grade math teacher, recently left HMHS to work at Westport Junior-Senior High School. Oliveira worked at Holbrook Middle-High School for about 6 years and his last day was November 9th. His new position will be Dean of Students and, after his first year, he will likely become the vice principal. Oliveira He wants to continue to focus middle school students and will be in charge of grades 7, 8, and 9 in Westport.

While in Holbrook, Oliveira taught seventh grade and eighth grade math, geometry, algebra, and computer science. He also coached the boys soccer team. One of his favorite memories at HMHS is when his team won the tournament.

Taylor DiBona, an eighth grade student, says, “I think that not having Mr. Oliveira around will be very disappointing because I know that, for me personally, it was one of the classes I would look forward to each day. I also believe that it has been hard for students to adjust to this change with all of the different substitutes, but we are trying to do the best that we can.”

Ms. KellyRose McCarthy is a seventh and eighth grade math teacher who worked closely with Oliveira. She says, “Mr. Oliveira and I were hired at the same time and met each other at new teacher orientation and mentoring meetings.” One of Ms. McCarthy’s funniest memories of Oliveira is when the senior class bought 100 pounds of bananas and put them in the back of his truck.

Mr. Oliveira said that this was a hard decision to make and is going to miss everyone. He also mentioned that he may appear in the near future.

Ms. Kelsey Franceschelli is the new math teacher that will be replacing Mr. Oliveira. She says, “It is my professional goal to inspire my students to reach their fullest potential. I believe in providing an atmosphere that promotes success through the use of technology and comprehensive teaching plans. It is vital that students are prepared to be active participants in a complex and changing world.”

Ms. Franceschelli received her bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Bridgewater State University and recently received her master’s degree in education from Merrimack College. She was previously a math tutor at West Bridgewater Middle-Senior High School. In her free time, she enjoys going to the gym, shopping and spending time with family. Her hobbies include competitive weightlifting and baking.

Amy Yip, Junior Photo Editor

Amy Yip is a seventh-grade student who started writing for the newspaper last year. If you see her after school, she is probably doing work for The Holbrook...

Dhir Patel, Junior Editor

Dhir Patel is a 7th grade student who is a junior editor and has written for The Holbrook Hub for 2 years. His interests include basketball, math, writing,...

Madison Burnett, Junior Games Editor

Madison Burnett is a 7th grade student at HMHS. She started writing for the Holbrook Hub last year. Sometimes you can spot her all around the school taking...