Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

Amy Yip, Dhir Patel, and Madison Burnett

Stan Lee, creator of the Marvel universe, sadly passed away recently. He left a lasting mark on the world, creating famous characters like Spiderman, Black Panther, Iron Man, and many more.

In honor of Stan Lee, Mrs. Christine Golden recently held a coloring contest. She gave students a coloring sheet of Spiderman and asked students to color it to the best of their ability. On December 3, Mrs. Golden gathered five teachers to judge which student’s drawing was the best. Seventh-grade students Amy Yip and Joshua Harkins were the winners of this contest.

Outside of the media center, there is also a display honoring Stan Lee. The is a QR code that anyone can scan allowing students to explore the different cameos that Stan Lee had. You can scan the QR code by downloading a QR reading app or by using Snapchat.

Middle school student, Johann Rodriguez is one of many that are mourning the loss of Stan Lee. He says, “Stan Lee’s work was life-changing to me because Marvel comics is such a big part of my life. I even stay fifteen minutes after every Marvel movie to watch the after credits that foresee the plot for the next movie.”

Thomas Denny, a senior at Holbrook Middle-High School, adds, “It’s like an end of an era.”

If you ever get a chance, stop by the display outside of the media center to remember the man behind Marvel, Stan Lee.

Amy Yip, Junior Photo Editor

Amy Yip is a seventh-grade student who started writing for the newspaper last year. If you see her after school, she is probably doing work for The Holbrook...

Dhir Patel, Junior Editor

Dhir Patel is a 7th grade student who is a junior editor and has written for The Holbrook Hub for 2 years. His interests include basketball, math, writing,...

Madison Burnett, Junior Games Editor

Madison Burnett is a 7th grade student at HMHS. She started writing for the Holbrook Hub last year. Sometimes you can spot her all around the school taking...

1 Comment

One Response to “Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee”

1. Christine Golden on December 10th, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks for the feature on Stan Lee. He was a great mind and his work on comic books gave rise to the graphic novels that so many of our students enjoy today.

Also, thanks to the students of Mr. Goodale’s class for putting together the Spiderman and Avenger puzzles that are displayed in the showcase.

I will miss Stan Lee!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

Movie Review: Creed 2

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

The Spring Musical Is Grease!

• A&E

Rob’s Music Review

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

Movie Review: The Clock Is Ticking (to See This Movie)

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

“The Nun” Conjures Big Scares

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

Meet Mrs. Laprise

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

Children of Holbrook Star in Children of Eden

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

A Magical Ride at Theater Camp

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

Holbrook Students “Shine a Light” in Heathers

• Tribute to Marvel Creator, Stan Lee

A&E

Movie Review: Best Mission Yet